Contactless capacitive data transmission
What is a contactless capacitive data transmission system from BavarianOptics?
In contrast to established contacting slip ring transfer systems, contactless capacitive transfer systems from BavarianOptics allow for transfer rates of up to 10 GBit / sec.
At the same time, the contactless data transfer has the benefits of being wear-free and having high interference resistance. In addition, very high rotational speeds can be attained with the contactless capacitive data transmission.
The sizes of the contactless transmission systems range from those with very small dimensions up to those with open inside passages greater than 2 m. In addition to the rotary transmission, capacitive data transmission systems can also be implemented in linear and also static ways.
What does a contactless capacitive data transmission system from BavarianOptics consist of, for example?
- Transmission electronics (circuit board)
- Receiving electronics (circuit board)
- Transmission structure (flexible circuit board)
- Receiving structure (circuit board with antenna)
- Connectors and connecting cables for the connection of peripherals
- Brackets for mechanical suspension
- Opto-electrical converter
The contactless capacitive data transmission systems from BavarianOptics are constructed from these components.
Where are contactless capacitive data transmission systems from BavarianOptics used?
An example of this is RotoCap, for one of our German customers.
The bi-directional contactless capacitive data transmission system from BavarianOptics is made up of:
- 2 x transmission / receiving electronics
- 2 x FastEthernet interfaces
- 2 x mechanical suspensions